Paediatric Drug Handling
Costello, Ian; Long, Paul; Wong, Ian Chi Kei; Tuleu, Catherine; Yeung, Vincent
Ian Costello, Paul Long, Ian K Wong, Catherine Tuleu and Vincent Yeung - Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, UK
Children form a large percentage of the patient population, but few medicines have been designed and tested specifically for paediatric use.
This important textbook covers:
- pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of drugs and formulations in children of different ages
- medication errors in paediatric practice
- the formulation of established, new and orphan drugs for use in paediatric practice
- the regulatory processes for paediatric medicines throughout the world
- the ethics of clinical trials in children and trial design in the case of rare diseases where patient numbers will be limited.
Written by international experts in the field, this introductory text is an excellent resource for postgraduate students in the pharmaceutical sciences.
2. Paediatric Formulations in Practice
3. Paediatric Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics
4. Pharmacogenomics Considerations in Paediatric Drug Handling
5. Clinical Trials in Children
6. Medication Errors in Paediatric Patients
'This book provides a background in paediatric pharmacy and a comprehensive introduction to children's medication. Written by international experts in the field, this introductory text is an excellent resource for pharmacists.'
CompoundingToday.com Newsletter (International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding) Volume 5, Issue 6. Published online February 8, 2008
01-Jul-07, Annals of Pharmacotherapy
'The authors have done a good job of reviewing and summarizing medication issues in the pediatric population. This information is easy to read and understand. This is a unique book, as most pharmaceutical textbooks cover broader population issues.'
Lea S Eiland. Associate Clinical Professor of Pharmacy Practice. Auburn University School of Pharmacy, Alabama. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. Vol 41. June 2007
01-Jul-07, Journal of Pharmacy Technology
'One of the greatest strengths of Paediatric Drug Handling is its collection of a variety of important topics related to the development and use of drugs in the pediatric population, in a small, inexpensive format. Each chapter provides a summary of relevant issues facing pediatric medical care.'
Edward A Bell PharmD BCPS, Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Iowa, July 2007 issue of the Journal of Pharmacy Technology
'This book provides a comprehensive overview of all of the issues pharmacists serving pediatric patients must consider. It is easy to read and carefully referenced.'
Doody Enterprises, Ina Lee Calligaro, Temple University School of Pharmacy, Philadelphia, USA