Stockley's Herbal Medicines Interactions
A guide to the interactions of herbal medicines
Williamson, Elizabeth; Driver, Samuel; Baxter, Karen
Edited by Elizabeth Williamson - Professor of Pharmacy Practice University of Reading, Samuel Driver - Development Editor, Stockley's Herbal Medicines Interactions, RPS, UK and Karen Baxter - Editor, Stockley's Drug Interactions, RPS, UK
Stockley's Herbal Medicines Interactions is now in its second edition and remains a unique collaboration between a team of experts in the fields of drug interactions, clinical herbal medicines, phytopharmacovigilance and regulation of herbal medicinal products. It provides an invaluable reference text for all healthcare professionals who require evidence-based information on the interactions of conventional medicines with herbal medicines, dietary supplements and nutraceuticals.
Stockley's Herbal Medicines Interactions brings together available data on over 190 of the most commonly used herbal medicines, dietary supplements and nutraceuticals in highly structured, rigorously researched, and fully referenced monographs.
Key features include:
Ease of use
- Structured format allows user to target key information at-a-glance
- Each monograph contains a concise summary on the available evidence and guidance on how the interaction can be managed
- Simple and intuitively understood, familiar to users of key drug interactions reference works
- As well as commonly used synonyms nomenclature includes approved pharmacopoeial names from Europe and the US
- Full, comprehensive interactions indexing, with lead-ins from appropriate synonyms
Extensively updated for this second edition over 40 new monographs have been added for herbal medicines and dietary supplements, including Blue cohosh, Bergamot, Carnitine derivatives, Goat's rue, Hibiscus, Holy basil, Juniper, Kava and Squill. Substantial updates have been undertaken to the standing content, including revisions of the interactions of St John's wort, Milk thistle, Evening primrose oil, Ginkgo and many others.
- ISBN 978 0 85711 026 8
- Published Feb 2013
246 x 189mm (528pp)
Other formats available
Online via MedicinesComplete
Stockley's Herbal Medicines Interactions contains impartial, rigorously researched herbal interactions monographs....