Drugs in Use
Case studies for pharmacists and prescribers
Dodds, Linda J.
Edited by Linda J. Dodds, Specialist Pharmaceutical Advisor, Ashford PCT, Ashford, Kent.
Drugs in Use: Case Studies for Pharmacists and Prescribers helps you to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge about medicines and the practical application to your patients.
With an ever increasing shift of focus from theory to practice, this book promotes evidence-based medicine and illustrates how you can optimise drug therapy in response to the needs of your individual patients. It will prove a valuable resource to pharmacists and prescribers.
The cases have been updated to reflect recent changes in medicines use and this new edition boasts:
- New evidence concerning optimal care
- Additional coverage of situations with difficulties in treatment optimisation
- Significant focus on major advances in therapeutics
- Self study questions and answers within each case.
With self study questions and answers to accompany each case, you will find this a useful resource throughout your career. As a student, it will assist your studies and as a practicing pharmacist or prescriber in hospital or community it will aid your continuing professional development.
- Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- Cardiac Failure
- Type I Diabetes in Childhood
- Type II Diabetes Mellitus
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Established Renal Failure Managed By Automated Peritoneal Dialysis
- Renal Transplantation
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Peptic Ulcer
- Crohn's Disease
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Substance Misuse
- Human Immunodeficiency (HIV) Disease: Opportunistic Infections and Antiretroviral Therapy
- Symptom Control in Palliative Care
- Anticoagulant Therapy
- Colorectal Surgery
- Medicines Optimisation in Primary Care
- Managing Medicine Risk
From the reviews of the previous edition:
'This book continues the professional development of pharmacists, helping them to become better and more effective communicators. This edition includes new disease states on oncology, Crohn's disease, and psoriasis, and many chapters have been revised to reflect the major advances that have occurred since the previous edition.'
Zina T. Sadi, Pharm.D, Doody's Notes, 15th January 2010
ISBN 978 0 85711 091 6
Publishing Jun 2013
234 x 156mm (736pp)