Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference
Edited by Alison Brayfield
- Breadth: No other source has breadth of coverage or level of detail making it the ideal firstline reference work as well as a trusted source of information for more detailed drug enquiries
- Global coverage: Martindale is the leading resource in terms of international coverage – alternative publications have a narrow regional focus
- Objectivity: Respected for the accuracy of content and independence from pharmaceutical industry. Based on published information and extensively referenced
- International adoption: Recognised and adopted worldwide
This book contains two hardback volumes presented in a slipcase with:
- Over 6,000 (and over 7,000 online) drug monographs
- Over 180,000 (and over 240,000 online) preparations
- Over 54,000 reference citations
- About 20,000 (and 25,000 online) manufacturers and distributors
- Proprietary preparations from 43 countries and regions
- Nearly 700 disease reviews, with references from the published literature
- Information to enable identification of medicines, the local equivalent and the manufacturer
- Herbals, diagnostic agents, radiopharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical excipients, toxins, and poisons as well as drugs and medicines.
Improvements to the 38th edition of Martindale include:
- Pages completely redesigned to improve readability
- Layout of the monographs restructured with greater prominence to uses and administration
- Over 200 new monographs
- Increased coverage of proprietary preparations – now covers 43 countries and regions, including China
- Porphyria abstracts extensively revised
For bespoke licensing opportunities contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
"This hardback, two-volume boxed set is the world's most comprehensive and reliable guide to drugs and medicines....
...Martindale is the key reference for reputable, referenced and unbiased information. It is easy to find information, check products and precautions, and is immensely readable. There is excellent material on herbal agents, radiopharmaceuticals, toxins and poisons that is unavailable in other drug references, formularies and pharmaceutical handbooks."
Helena Soni, practice nurse, Nursing Standard 28 (47), July 2014.
"There have been significant changes in information since the 37th edition. Volume A consists of monographs covering a wide range of drug classes as well as sections on pesticides and repellents, radiopharmaceuticals and sex hormones and their modulators. The section on "Vaccines, Immunoglobulins and Antisera" contains a wealth of information on the effects of administered vaccines on a patient's organ systems...
...The drug monographs are laid out in an easy-to-read manner and have been restructured with the "Uses and Administration" appearing immediately following the physicochemical description of the substance."
Glen Bayer, Australian Prescriber, August 2014.
"...more than just a formulary. It is an extensive, detailed reference about any drug you could possibly think of using...
...Each chapter is divided into subheadings which include drug types and diseases, making it also a useful clinical tool for the treatment of individual conditions. Each monograph is detailed and carefully researched and contains references to the most important literature supporting its content..
...An unrivalled breadth of international coverage and detail of information makes this formularies one of the best on the market...
...The content has been written and approved independent from the influence of the pharmaceutical industry, making it internationally useful...
...an invaluable source of information for clinicians, pharmacists, pharmacologists and toxicologists and anyone interested in reasearching all there is to know about a certain drug."
Dr Johann Grundlingh, Barts Health NHS Trust, October 2014.
"The current Martindale contains information on drugs in clinical use worldwide, as well as selected investigational and veterinary drugs, herbal and complementary medicines, pharmaceutical excipients, vitamins and nutritional agents, vaccines, radiopharmaceuticals, contrast media and diagnostic agents, medicinal gases, drugs of abuse and recreational drugs, toxic substances, disinfectants and pesticides. Each monograph gives not only physical and chemical information, but also information on therapeutic use and administration, kinetics and the preparations that contain the substance...
...The Martindale is a true universal reference and its information wealth is unparalleled. It is not a book one would use every day in clinical pharmacy practice, but a pharmacist can also not live without."
J. W. F. van Mil, International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy 36 (1095), September 2014.
ISBN 978 0 85711 139 5
Published Jun 2014
Hardback, 2 volumes
276 x 219mm (4688pp)
Other formats available
Online via MedicinesComplete
Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference is a comprehensive and reliable reference...