Stockley's Drug Interactions Pocket Companion
Edited by Preston, Claire L.
Claire L Preston is one of the Editors of Stockley’s Drug Interactions and works at the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, UK.
- Quick-reference format summarises the interaction and management advice
- Easy-to-use severity rating symbols offer guidance to the user on the clinical significance of the interaction
- Includes over 2250 interaction monographs, including 270 new monographs
- New and updated interactions advice, including the addition of drugs such as alosetron, apixaban, cobicistat, dabigatran, elvitegravir, linagliptin, and rivaroxaban
- Structured alphabetically for ease of searching, with a comprehensive back-of-book index.
An essential clinical reference for physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
"...The audience includes any healthcare professional with a need to assess drug interactions. The book also would be useful to students in various healthcare disciplines during their clinical rotations and practicums...
...The book does a very nice job of categorizing the interactions to make them easy to find, along with the alphabetizing and table of contents. It also has an excellent rating system for the clinical significance of the interaction using defined symbols, which give users an immediate idea of the clinical significance and potential for harm of the interaction...
...This is a great pocket guide for healthcare professionals. As more drugs come to market, it is increasingly difficult to quickly discern if an interaction is clinically relevant and if the risks outweigh the benefits. This book is very useful in providing this information and aiding in prescribing decisions."
Judith Klevan, BSPharm(Jeanes Hospital), Doody's Notes, May 2013
ISBN 978 0 85711 142 5
Published Jan 2014
180 x 100mm (720pp)