British National Formulary (BNF) 67 eBook
Joint Formulary Committee
67 (March 2014)
Published jointly by BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and Royal Pharmaceutical Society
BNF 67 eBook now available from the iBookstore.
The British National Formulary (BNF) eBook provides up-to-date, practical guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines, in an easy-to-search format. This essential reference reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the uses of medicines.BNF 67 (March 2014) has been revised and revalidated to reflect changes in product availability, emerging safety concerns and shifts in clinical practice. Access to the latest edition of the BNF is vital for healthcare professionals, as there are a large number of updates from one edition to the next.
Some of the significant changes in this edition include:
- Updated advice on the withdrawal of benzodiazepines
- New MHRA advice on the safety of Metoclopramide – risk of neurological adverse effects
- Antiepileptic drugs - new advice on switching between different manufacturers’ products for a particular drug
- Update on malaria prophylaxis recommendations for specific countries
- Influenza vaccines - extension of childhood seasonal influenza vaccine programme
- Addition of varicella-zoster vaccine to immunisation schedule.
The BNF evaluates clinical evidence from diverse sources with information validated by a network of clinical experts and published under the authority of a Joint Formulary Committee.
ISBN 978 0 85711 152 4
Published Mar 2014
Other formats available
Online via MedicinesComplete
The British National Formulary (BNF) is available online through MedicinesComplete.