British National Formulary (BNF) 69
Joint Formulary Committee
69 (March 2015)
Published jointly by BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and Royal Pharmaceutical Society
Save £9.99 with our special BNF 69 and Registration Exam Questions IV package.
BNF 69 (March 2015) has been revised and revalidated to reflect changes in product availability, emerging safety concerns and shifts in clinical practice. Access to the latest edition of the BNF is vital for healthcare professionals, as there are a large number of updates from one edition to the next.
- Updated general guidance on drugs and driving in response to new regulations in force from March 2015
- Updated guidance on risk assessment and treatment in the management of arrhythmias
- Updated recommendations on minimising risk of osteonecrosis of the jaw and hypocalcaemia associated with denosumab following new MHRA advice
- New guidance on dose adjustment in renal impairment for atorvastatin
- New recommendations on concomitant use of drugs affecting the renin-angiotensin system
- New guidance on dose adjustment in hepatic and renal impairment for zolpiclone
- Updated guidance on assessing cardiovascular risk and modification of blood lipids in the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Updates to recommended regimens for prophylaxis against malaria for specific countries
The BNF evaluates clinical evidence from diverse sources with information validated by a network of clinical experts and published under the authority of a Joint Formulary Committee.
RPS members qualify for a 50% discount on your initial copy of the BNF and BNFC - enter your membership number at the checkout.
Content of the BNF reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the uses of medicines. The resource includes:
- Guidance on the drug management of common conditions
- Details of medicines prescribed within the UK with special reference to their uses, cautions, contra-indications, side-effects, doses and relative costs. This allows treatment to be tailored to the individual needs of each patient.
- Guidance on prescribing, monitoring, dispensing and adminstering medicines.
The content is updated every 6 months in print, making it an up-to-date source of prescribing advice for informed decision-making.
BNF Publications are now available via a money-saving print subscription.
- BNF Subscription for 1 year
- BNF + BNFC Subscription 1 year
- BNF Subscription for 2 years
- BNF + BNFC Subscription 2 years
Benefits of purchasing via subscription include:
- Constant access to the latest medical information as it publishes
- Significant financial savings on 1 and 2 year subscriptions, including package BNF/BNFC subscriptions
- Removes the need for repeat ordering and allows you to receive your copy as soon as it is published.
Also available via all major subscription agents.
You can also access the BNF online.
ISBN 978 0 85711 156 2
Published Mar 2015
215 x 130mm (1184pp)
Other formats available
Online via MedicinesComplete
The British National Formulary (BNF) is available online through MedicinesComplete.
BNF 1 Year Subscription
Now available as a 1 year print subscription, ensuring you have...
BNF 2 Year Subscription
Now available as a 2 year print subscription, ensuring you have...
BNF & BNFC 1 Year Subscription
Now available as a 1 year print subscription to both the...
BNF & BNFC 2 Year Subscription
Now available as a 2 year print subscription to both the...