British National Formulary (BNF) 68 eBook
Joint Formulary Committee
68 (September 2014)
Published jointly by BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and Royal Pharmaceutical Society
BNF 68 eBook is now available from the iBookstore.
The British National Formulary (BNF) eBook provides up-to-date, practical guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines, in an easy-to-search format. This essential reference reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the uses of medicines.BNF 68 (September 2014) has been revised and revalidated to reflect changes in product availability, emerging safety concerns and shifts in clinical practice. Access to the latest edition of the BNF is vital for healthcare professionals, as there are a large number of updates from one edition to the next.
Some of the significant changes in this edition include:
- Updated guidance on the incidence of venous thromboembolism associated with combined hormonal contraceptives
- Updated oral doses of amoxicillin and ampicillin for children
- New MHRA restrictions on the use of domperidone following a review of the risks and benefits of its use
- Changes made to the recommendations on interchangeability of oral mesalazine preparations
- New MHRA advice on self-administration of adrenaline for anaphylaxis
- The dose of naloxone for acute opioid overdosage in adults and children has been revised
- Updates to recommendations on doses and indications of paracetamol in children
- Updates to guidance on the treatment of epilepsy.
The BNF evaluates clinical evidence from diverse sources with information validated by a network of clinical experts and published under the authority of a Joint Formulary Committee.
Published Sep 2014
Other formats available
Online via MedicinesComplete
The British National Formulary (BNF) is available online through MedicinesComplete.
The British National Formulary (BNF) is your essential reference book for...
BNF 1 Year Subscription
Now available as a 1 year print subscription, ensuring you have...