Stockley's Drug Interactions
A source book of interactions, their mechanisms, clinical importance and management
Edited by Claire L Preston
- Covers interactions between therapeutic drugs, proprietary medicines, herbal medicines, foods, drinks, and drugs of abuse
- Contains in-depth yet concise monographs in an easy-to-read format
- Provides comprehensive details of the clinical evidence for the interactions under discussion, an assessment of their clinical importance, and clear guidance on managing the interaction in practice
- Has a brief summary of the interaction in each monograph – perfect for the busy healthcare professional
- Is fully referenced throughout
- Contains almost 4500 monographs
- Is global in coverage – inclusion of drugs used worldwide
New in the 11th edition:
- Over 350 new monographs added
- Many existing monographs have been reviewed, revalidated, and updated
- A comprehensive update and restructure of the chapter on Antidiabetic drugs, in-line with published literature
- Addition of new advice regarding the concurrent use of aliskiren, ACE inhibitors, and angiotensin-II receptor antagonists
- An updated list of drugs that have a risk of prolonging the QT interval
- The addition of new drugs, including apixaban, apremilast, dolutegravir, lomitapide, mirabegron, the NS5A inhibitors (daclatasvir, ledipasvir, ombitasvir), the NS5B inhibitors (dasabuvir, sofosbuvir), the sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitors (canagliflozin, dapagliflozin, empagliflozin), and telavancin
"...well written and heavily referenced. Students would find the introduction very helpful to understanding the concepts of drug interactions...great reference for drug information departments and pharmacists..."
Annals of Pharmacotherapy
"...comprehensive in its scope...presents a thorough overview of the varied possible drug interactions that exist...a well-organized reference text."
Journal of the Medical Library Association
"...This is an extremely useful book. The information is thorough, concise, clinically relevant, and referenced to the primary literature."
Doody Enterprises, Inc.
ISBN 978 0 85711 270 5
Published Mar 2016
276 x 219mm (1840pp)
Other formats available
Online via MedicinesComplete
Stockley's Drug Interactions is the authoritative international source of drug interaction...