British National Formulary (BNF) 72 eBook
Joint Formulary Committee
72 (September 2016)
Published jointly by BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and Royal Pharmaceutical Society
BNF 72 has been revised and revalidated to reflect changes in product availability, emerging safety concerns and shifts in clinical practice. Access to the latest edition of the BNF is vital for healthcare professionals, as there are a large number of updates from one edition to the next.
Some of the significant content updates for BNF 72 include:
- New safety information about the risk of abnormal pregnancy outcomes with sodium valproate and valproic acid
- Updated guidance for conditions including asthma, obesity, coeliac disease, irritable bowel syndrome and prostate cancer
- New drug monographs including edoxaban, albiglutide, dulaglutide, dasabuvir, and vortioxetine
- Updated pregnancy-prevention advice for patients taking mycophenolate mofetil
- Updated guidance on the risk of hepatitis B reactivation with BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase inhibitors, and pomalidomide
- Advice about the risk of ulceration with nicorandil treatment
- NICE guidelines including the use of vedolizumab for treating moderately to severely active Crohn’s disease
- New guidance on suspected or confirmed drug allergy
- Evidence grading of BNF recommendations.
- Buy eBook from:
- ISBN 978 0 85711 305 4
- Published Sep 2016
Other formats available
Online via MedicinesComplete
The British National Formulary (BNF) is available online through MedicinesComplete.
BNF 1 Year Subscription
Now available as a 1 year print subscription, ensuring you have...
BNF 2 Year Subscription
Now available as a 2 year print subscription, ensuring you have...