Pharmacy and Medicines Law in Ireland
Weedle, Peter; Clarke, Leonie
Edited by Peter Weedle - community pharmacist and Adjunct Professor of Clinical Pharmacy at University College Cork, and Leonie Clarke - pharmaceutical consultant
This practical textbook covers all aspects of current pharmacy and medicines law in Ireland. It opens with a detailed account of the historical development of Irish pharmacy and medicines law, and includes the landmark Pharmacy Act of 2007.
The following topics are covered:
- the regulations and rules that accompany the Pharmacy Act 2007
- prescription and control of supply of medicines
- Misuse of Drugs Acts and Regulations
- manufacturing and wholesaling medicines
- advertising of medicinal products
- veterinary medicines legislation
- Poisons Act and Regulations
- the pharmacy disciplinary system
- liability of pharmacists in negligence and defective products
- sources of Irish law.
This useful resource is essential reading for Irish pharmacists in community and hospital pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry in Ireland, pharmacy students and those coming to practise in Ireland from other countries.
It will also be a valuable reference source for lawyers, public servants and anyone else who wants to know more about the regulatory framework for pharmacists and medicinal products in Ireland.
Pharmacy and Medicines Law in Ireland is also available as an eBook.
- Request inspection copy »
- ISBN 978 0 85369 882 1
- Published Mar 2011
234 x 156mm (384pp)