Paediatric Drug Handling
Costello, Ian; Long, Paul; Wong, Ian Chi Kei; Tuleu, Catherine; Yeung, Vincent
Ian Costello, Paul Long, Ian K Wong, Catherine Tuleu and Vincent Yeung - Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, UK
Children form a large percentage of the patient population, but few medicines have been designed and tested specifically for paediatric use.
This important textbook covers:
- pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of drugs and formulations in children of different ages
- medication errors in paediatric practice
- the formulation of established, new and orphan drugs for use in paediatric practice
- the regulatory processes for paediatric medicines throughout the world
- the ethics of clinical trials in children and trial design in the case of rare diseases where patient numbers will be limited.
Written by international experts in the field, this introductory text is an excellent resource for postgraduate students in the pharmaceutical sciences.
- Request inspection copy »
- ISBN 978 0 85369 686 5
- Published Jan 2007
234 x 156mm (144pp)