Sodha, Mahesh; Dhillon, Soraya
Edited by Mahesh Sodha and Soraya Dhillon - Head, The School of Pharmacy, University of Hertfordshire
An essential new guide designed to ensure confident prescribing in specialist areas.
The need for this text stems from the necessity to develop non-medical prescribing in practice. It is an indispensable resource for all non-medical prescribers including nurses, pharmacists, optometrists, physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals who desire to become supplementary or independent prescribers in their field.
The book is divided into two comprehensive sections and provides an overview of non-medical prescribing by healthcare professionals other than doctors. In addition to providing background information on history and prescriber insights and reflections, it includes:
- competencies needed (including RPSGB guidelines)
- the moral aspects of prescribing
- specialist clinical topics from prescribing in diabetes, through to prescribing in oncology and palliative care
- clinical case studies for support
- sources for more detailed information in areas such as consultation skills.
Non-medical Prescribing is aimed both at those studying to obtain a prescribing qualification and at those who are qualified and need to develop their practical clinical skills. It is an indispensable guide to the key areas which consider safe and effective prescribing.
Non-medical Prescribing is also available as an eBook.
- Request inspection copy »
- ISBN 978 0 85369 768 8
- Published Aug 2009
234 x 156mm (240pp)