A global perspective
Kayne, Steven B
Edited by Steven B Kayne - Honorary Consultant Pharmacist, Glasgow Homeopathic Hospital; Honorary Lecturer, University of Strathclyde School of Pharmacy, Glasgow, UK
Traditional Medicine is therefore a vital and timely book which covers medical systems practised on five continents, including:
- traditional European folk medicine
- Aboriginal/traditional medicine in North America
- traditional medicine in the Colombian Amazon Tropical forest
- traditional medical practice in Africa
- traditional Chinese medicine
- Indian Ayurvedic medicine
- Japanese Kampo medicine
- Korean medicine
- traditional medicines in the Pacific
- traditional Jewish medicine
Each section, written by an acknowledged expert, gives information on history, philosophy, methods of practice, safety issues, evidence, and examples of medicines.
Traditional Medicine is a crucial resource for complementary and alternative practitioners and students worldwide. It enables healthcare providers working in a multicultural society to interact effectively with their patients.
Traditional Medicine is also available as an eBook.
- Request inspection copy »
- ISBN 978 0 85369 833 3
- Published Nov 2009
234 x 156mm (352pp)