Jambhekar, Sunil S; Breen, Philip J
Sunil S Jambhekar - Professor of Pharmaceutics, LECOM-Bradenton School of Pharmacy, Florida, USA and Philip J Breen - Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of Arkansas Medical Center, USA
Basic Pharmacokinetics provides an understanding of the principles of pharmacokinetics and biopharmaceutics. It addresses clearly and concisely how these principles can be applied to achieve successful drug therapy. The applications of principles and equations are illustrated with related problem sets and problem solving exercises.
- the use of profiles (sketches of relationships among pharmacokinetic variables and parameters)
- learning objectives
- complete review of mathematical tools required to practice pharmacokinetics.
This new edition has been revised and updated to include:
- new chapters on metabolite pharmacokinetics and pharmacokinetic data fitting
- expanded question data base to include multiple choice questions and true/false questions
- a large increase in the number of questions based on pharmacokinetic profiles.
Basic Pharmacokinetics is an invaluable textbook for undergraduate and graduate students in pharmacy, medicine, and the pharmaceutical sciences. It enables the reader to become adept at solving pharmacokinetic problems arising in drug therapy and to understand the applications and utility of equations in clinical practice.
Basic Pharmacokinetics is also available as an eBook.
- Request inspection copy »
- ISBN 978 0 85369 980 4
- Published Mar 2012
246 x 189mm (496pp)