Suppositories provides comprehensive, reliable information on suppository formulation, with a detailed review of dosage forms.
Allen, Jr, Loyd V
Loyd V Allen, Jr - Editor-In-Chief, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding
This reference book is an essential resource for all those involved in the formulation, development, manufacture and testing of suppositories.
Many suppository formulations have been developed for a number of therapeutic aims. However, comprehensive reliable information on suppository formulation is not always readily available. Suppositories resolves this situation by providing up-to-date, comprehensive information in one point of reference. Suppositories
provides a detailed review of suppository dosage forms with chapters covering:
- the history and development of the suppository
- suppository bases and their characteristics
- pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and pharmacokinetic factors
- formulation considerations
- manufacturing and compounding suppositories
- special types of suppositories
- quality control
- packaging and labelling
- stability and storage
- clinical considerations.
1. Introduction to Suppositories
2. History and Development of the Suppository
3. Suppository Bases and Their Characteristics
4. Pharmaceutic, Biopharmaceutic and Pharmacokinetic Factors Involving Suppositories
5. Formulation Considerations
6. Manufacturing Suppositories
7. Compounding Suppositories
8. Special Types of Suppositories
9. Quality Control of Suppositories
10. Packaging and Labelling of Suppositories
11. Stability and Storage of Suppositories
12. Clinical Considerations
01-Dec-09, Pharmaceutical Development and Technology
'Suppositories still represent an important mode of drug delivery, and the book on the topic will provide one with everything that could possibly be needed to know on the topic.'
Harry G. Brittain. Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, 14:131, 2009
01-Aug-08, J Pharm Technol
'This comprehensive volume on suppositories is well written and easily understood. The introduction and history chapters are pleasant reads for even the casual consumer. It will be my single resource to answer any question regarding suppositories.'
Robert B Greenwood RPh PhD, Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, J Pharm Technol Volume 24, July/August 2008
01-Feb-08, Doody Enterprises, Inc.
'This comprehensive overview of pharmaceutical suppositories contains formulations and techniques that are valuable to compounding pharmacists. Designed as a reference in the area of suppository formulation, the book contains tables of excipient characteristics and of bioavailability information, excellent resources for formulation scientists.'
David B Lebo, Ph.D., Temple University School of Pharmacy, Doody Enterprises, Inc. February 2008