British National Formulary (BNF) 76
Joint Formulary Committee
76 (September 2018)
Published jointly by BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- New guidance on endometriosis.
- Updated guidance on acute sinusitis, chronic asthma, country recommendations for malaria prophylaxis, and cystic fibrosis.
- New drug monographs including benralizumab, guselkumab, midostaurin, niraparib, ocrelizumab, tenofovir alafenamide, tivozanib, and tramadol with dexketoprofen.
- New safety information about mycophenolate mofetil and mycophenolic acid with updated contraception advice for male patients, and valproate medicines now contraindicated in women and girls of childbearing potential unless conditions of Pregnancy Prevention Programme are met.
- Updated advice about alendronic acid, ibandronic acid, risedronate sodium and zoledronic acid for treating osteoporosis and raloxifene for the primary prevention of osteoporotic fragility fractures in postmenopausal women.
- Significant dose changes including the initial dose for erectile dysfunction and neurogenic erectile dysfunction for Viridal® Duo (alprostadil), bosutinib and olaparib doses in renal impairment, candesartan cilexetil clarification of maximum dose in heart failure, and chloroquine clarification of dose equivalence statement and dosing for rheumatoid arthritis and systemic discoid lupus erythematosus.
- ISSN 9780857113382
- ISBN 978 0 85711 338 2
- Published Sep 2018
210 x 148mm (1640pp)