British National Formulary (BNF) 76
Joint Formulary Committee
76 (September 2018)
Published jointly by BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and Royal Pharmaceutical Society
Significant new content updates include:
- Updated guidance on acute sinusitis, attentiondeficit hyperactivity disorder, chronic asthma, country recommendations formalaria prophylaxis, and cystic fibrosis.
- New drug monographs including benralizumab, guselkumab, midostaurin, niraparib, ocrelizumab, tenofoviralafenamide, tivozanib, and tramadol with dexketoprofen.
- New safety information about mycophenolatemofetil and mycophenolic acid with updated contraception advice for male patients,and valproate medicines now contraindicated in women and girls of childbearingpotential unless conditions of Pregnancy Prevention Programme are met.
- Updated advice about alendronic acid, ibandronicacid, risedronate sodium and zoledronic acid for treating osteoporosis and raloxifenefor the primary prevention of osteoporotic fragility fractures inpostmenopausal women.
- Significant dose changes including the initialdose for erectile dysfunction and neurogenic erectile dysfunction forViridal® Duo (alprostadil), bosutiniband olaparib doses in renal impairment, candesartan cilexetil clarification ofmaximum dose in heart failure, and chloroquine clarification of doseequivalence statement and dosing for rheumatoid arthritis and systemic discoidlupus erythematosus
- ISSN 9780857113382
- ISBN 978 0 85711 338 2
- Publishing Sep 2018
210 x 148mm (1640pp)