The British National Formulary (BNF) is the first choice for concise medicines information. Trusted by healthcare professionals across the world to support confident decision-making at the point of care.
The new edition (BNF 79) provides up-to-date guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines, plus legal and professional guidelines and is a must have on any bookshelf.
Extensive content updates in the BNF 79 edition include:
New Monographs added on
• Renoxitin® [cefoxitin] for complicated urinary tract infections and pyelonephritis
• Ledaga® gel [chlormethine] for mycosis fungoides
• Ondexxya® [andexanet alfa] for reversal of apixaban or rivaroxaban in life-threatening or uncontrolled bleeding
• Epidyolex® [cannabidiol] for seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and seizures associated with Dravet syndrome [adjunctive treatment with clobazam]
• Rizmoic® [naldemedine] for opioid-induced constipation.
MHRA advice on
• Febuxostat (Adenuric®): increased risk of cardiovascular death and all-cause mortality in clinical trial in patients with a history of major cardiovascular disease
• Pentosan polysulfate sodium (Elmiron®): rare risk of pigmentary maculopathy
• Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) (conjugated oestrogens (equine) and estradiol): further information on the known increased risk of breast cancer with HRT and its persistence after stopping.
Dose changes including Magnesium sulfate: Change to additional dose for seizure recurrence in pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.
Updated guidance on Vaccines in-line with Public Health England recommendations
BNF 79 is an essential reference guide on any bookshelf, it provides you with:
- Up-to-date information on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines
- Authoritative, independent guidance on best practice enabling you to select safe and effective medicines
- Information, you know you can trust for quality, reliability and independence
- Everything you need at your fingertips, all in one book