British National Formulary for Children
Paediatric Formulary Committee
Online via MedicinesComplete
Published jointly by the British Medical Association, Royal Pharmaceutical Society, the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and the Neonatal and Paediatric Pharmacists Group
The BNF for Children provides essential practical information to all healthcare professionals involved in the prescribing, dispensing, monitoring and administration of medicines to children. It is now available to search online via MedicinesComplete, where weighted search results and search term guidance direct you to the most appropriate content.
It addresses a significant knowledge gap in many areas of paediatric practice by providing practical information on the use of medicines in children of all ages from birth to adolescence.
The BNF for Children includes:
- Guidance on the drug management of common childhood conditions
- Practical advice on topics such as prescription writing and reporting adverse drug reactions
- Hands-on information on prescribing, monitoring, dispensing, and administering medicines for childhood disorders
- Comprehensive dosing guidance for children from birth up to 18 years
- Details (including indicative prices) of products on the market as well as reference to many essential products that are not licensed
- Indication of the licensing status of drugs
UK-based individuals undertaking work (or training) for the NHS may register for a MedicinesComplete account to access the British National Formulary and BNF for children at NHS user registration.
- Product code MC_BNFC
- Online via MedicinesComplete
Other formats available
BNF & BNFC 1 Year Subscription
Now available as a 1 year print subscription to both the...
BNF & BNFC 2 Year Subscription
Now available as a 2 year print subscription to both the...